Friday, 30 May 2008
OSCAR BROWN JR BROTHER WHERE ARE YOU
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
its my turn to post some music from my collection.i have been collecting soul jazz and funk for over 30 years. 90% is vinyl and this is what i shall be sharing with you. promoting the lost gems.
88 comments:
Anything with Joe Sample and David T. Walker in it has got to be HOT!! Thank you for this joint!
Paros thank u for this post never heard of this guy but the cover looks like there will be some joints.
Thanks a million Paros
wow!!!!
great stuff!
thx 1000
many thanks!
this is right up my street!
cool descrption! I am gonna try it. thanks paros!
A stellar coalition here, and the man behind them all is Mr. Brown himself. Great voice, great seventies feeling. Nice post paros, respect for the hard work you're doing.
Why thank you, sir!
Paros,
Many thanks for another most excellent post.
You sure have an appreciation for good music.
Thanks for sending this great album, it is fantastic as usual.
I've been looking for this one. Haven't been able to find a copy though!
Thanks for the rip,
keep it up!
Joe Sample, must be good.
Thank again!!
Very interesting! Many thanks :-)
looking forward to this..
thanks a lot
thx alot!
looks good
Downloading this one now--can't wait to hear it.
looks like another classic from oscar brown jr., thanks for sharing.
tyronetieclip@comcast.net
Man, like everyone said, I'm looking forward to listen to this album, especially 'cause of J. Sample.
Nice list of artists
the mans a poet... cool post...
sounds great! thanks a lot!
Excellent up!
aye man! ive been looking for this for ages! the instrumentation is just great man..thanks for sharing bro
Great line-up on this album - thanks for yet another stellar post!
great!!!!
yes!!!! Thanks a lot for this! OBJ is the man!
is this a version of the freddy cole joint?
all songs wrote by oscar brown jr
thanks for posting
never heard of this record. looking forward to hear it! I adore oscar
Cool !
RIP Oscar
cool Thanks
thanks
if Joe Sample is on it, i take it !!
Thanks a lot
hi paros :-)
freddy cole must have covered it then, it's the same song.
jazzman released it on a 7", the album's real hard to find.
highly reccomended
Thanks for keeping me hooked on good music.
thanks a lot
Oscar Brown could do no wrong. Thanks.
Thank you very much.
Well, didn't know about this one arranged by Sivuca...seems good.
Thanks man !
always good to hear a little more David T. Walker :-)Only know 1 other album by Oscar, has some really nice things on it..
This oughta be good, thank you!
stoked for this one, thank you!
Thanks for the Oscar Brown, Jr. I have this album, but it's in pretty rough shape. I haven't listen to this download yet, but I know it's better than my vinyl copy
thank you.
Thanks !
Rainey / Ndugu / Walker / Sample ...
and Sivuca ?? !!
O que mas quer ?
Thanks !
goddamn whatta lineup!
thanks so much homie youre amazing
Took this down - thinking I was taking down - garland green - sigh!! But this one plays better than mine !! LOl Thank you
Hey man.. again, thanks for all the great ups. I have 2 more albums by Mr. Brown that I recorded before, V0 again. Here's the links, feel free to do what you want with em :)
http://www.shareonall.com/OBJJSJPAS_dhji_rar.htm
http://www.shareonall.com/OBJMO_qcps_rar.htm
Cheers!
mr owl my friend thank you for you donation to the shed..
great post! i've enjoyed another LP of his, "Movin' On", but haven't heard anything else from him.
came here by way of the pyrex scholars blog.
cheers
Hi Paros, I think I KNOW what goes when the doors close...
I "spits" my ears and make some silly movements, which look close to dancing in my seat:-)
Great album, thank you...
Man, WHERE (and how) do you come with up with all these lacks in my education???
thank you once more,
peace, E-mile
Cool stuff, paros. Thanks!
Just found your blog --- I am enjoying the Oscar Brown --- Thanks!
Wish I could get the Garland Green!!!
there is a new link for garland green half way down in his comments
The late, great Oscar Brown Jr.? A-yessir. And I thank you...
much thanks
Getting ready to go to bed for the night, will download this tomorrow. Wanted to say thanks in advance. Hope this meets with your approval, don't want to be cut off.
Thanks mate!
Definately my favour blogger...high quality rips Paros and nice choice of albums!
This is a healthy album....
thanks man!
thanks for the always quality ups!
Nice album. Thanks for sharing it.
Jur.
thanks a lot. this is awesome.
Thanks very much
amazing blog. big respect.
Cool!
KILLAH - Thanks
That title song is haunting. After hearing the remix on one of the Verve collections I always wanted to hear the album it came from, THANKS!
RIP Joel Dorn music lives on thanks for the post
Very nice!
this is a wonderful album and a great post for all to enjoy.
thanks for what you do and please continue to be the great resource you are!!
peace...
Great voice and Lyrics, similar vein as Jon Lucien and Terry Callier with a amazing line up of backing musicans. Sivuca really gives the album the beauty and timelessness of folk music. Thank You Paros. you are an incredible musicologist.
Thank You Very Much !
Thank You!
great album, thanks a lot!
thank you!
This looks like a sweet one! Thanks for posting!
thank you!
what an ill lineup. plus anything oscar put out is guaranteed dope.
didn't read all the comments but there was a real interesting PBS documentary on him a while back. a little info on it here.
http://www.pbs.org/previews/oscarbrown/
peace
cbloom
www.whatupthough.wordpress.com
thanks for this.
This site provides some of my work soundtrack, and I thank you for that!
Anything that makes work-time groovy is great.
There are some nice players accompanying Mr. Brown on this record.
dope
many thanks my friend!
thanks for this thank you
Post a Comment